The majority of the problems are solved by talking, explaining, good sense and professionalism of all concerned.
Communication between school and families
Role of students:
- Do homework
- Being active during classes
- Give back the homework
- Contact the teacher in case of problem / question
- Show tests to parents
- Arrive on time in the morning
- Respect the rules
Role of parents:
- Follow the homework of the student
- Sign the tests (if requested)
- Contact the school if you have questions or problems
- Send an email to the person concerned to ask for an appointment
- Meet with teachers to discuss
- Accompany the child on time in the morning and pick him up without delay at the end of the school day
Please, respect the teachers’ working hours.
Role of Management:
- Inform parents through school notebooks
- Organise parent/teacher meetings
- Send communications via the SMS my School system
Role of teachers:
- If there is a question / issue: discuss it with the pupil and if there is no improvement: inform the parents if the a pupil does not work to his full potential – either by e-mail, via the diary or by organizing a meeting;
- Inform the management
- Share pupil’s results
- Inform about missing/unfinished homework
- The first step is to contact the person/s concerned. It is important that clear, transparent and frequent communication is established between the family and teacher/s in the first place. Management can only intervene if these conditions are met.
- If the problem persists, a meeting may be organised between the Deputy Director and the persons concerned, to which a support person may also be invited.
- The next stage is a follow-up meeting between the Deputy Director and the people involved.
- In cases where the situation is still not resolved, the school Director (Uccle) may then be called upon to intervene.
- Communications with Management go through the Secretariat and not directly through the Director / Deputy Director’s e-mail.
Reception hours Teachers’
All our teachers have a reception hour which will be communicated to the parents during the meeting in September. The meeting request is done via the agenda of the child or by email.